|Presented by:||Dyan Eybergen|
|November 4, 2019 | 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM|
|Location:||J. R. Robson School-BTPS Training Lab|
|5102 - 46 Street, Vermilion, AB|
About the workshop:
-Power Point presentation on Lego social skills origin and the population it serves
-Interactive group activity on understanding the signs and symptoms of common mental health disorders/social deficits
-15 min break
-Power point presentation on the Lego social skills group format "how to set up your own program"
-30-60 min lunch
-Building with Lego group activity "understanding the group process of Lego Social Skills"
-15 min break
-Role play activity "managing the challenges of specific behaviours"
-Q&A and wrap up.
Participants will: —
1) Understand nature of social abilities and disabilities,
2) Learn how and why LEGO®-Based social groups are successful with children with various social needs,
3) Learn about the development and current status of LEGO®-Based social skill groups and
4) Understand how to begin a LEGO®-Based group on your own and how to grow your program
This learning opportunity is being offered throught a grant from Alberta Education.
Dyan Eybergen is a Registered Nurse with extensive experience working in child and Adolescent Psychiatry.Dyan received an undergraduate degree in the study of Psychology from the University of Waterloo; a diploma in Health Sciences from Cambrian College and an Advanced Studies in Mental Health Certificate from Mount Royal University, Alberta. She is certified Parent Coach from the Academy of Parent Coaching International, a trained Lego Therapist, and Lego Serious Play facilitator and an award-winning author of a Parenting book: Out of the Mouths of Babes: Parenting from a Child's Perspective. She appears regularly on CTV Edmonton Morning Live Show as a parenting expert.
Registration Deadline: October 30, 2019
Registration Fee: $200.00
Registration fee includes a continental breakfast and lunch.
* Please note if your jursidiction/agency does not currently hold a Lego Play Therapy licensing fee there is an additional charge of $1000.00.